The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine’s mission is to:
- Provide the highest quality care to our patients.
- Advance the science and practice of rehabilitation medicine through innovative basic, translational, and clinical research.
- Educate students, trainees, and practitioners to become leaders in rehabilitation medicine.
- Support faculty, students, trainees, and staff in their clinical practice and academic activities by providing an environment conducive to lifelong learning.
- Provide a supportive work environment that promotes personal and professional growth, safety, and well-being.
- Build a bias-free and diverse community and work to eliminate structural barriers that perpetuate inequities.
- Advocate for equity and inclusion for people of all backgrounds and identities, including a special focus on people with disabilities.
- Support the missions of Cornell University, Weill Cornell Medicine, and New York-Presbyterian Hospital.